Friday, August 22, 2014

Welcome

I am so excited to spend the semester together as we learn about learning.  I hope this can be a space where we can question, try and push as we learn about learning. If we use this Eleanor Duckworth quote to frame our thinking and actions I believe we will be successful as a learning community:
Use the class discussion not as a place to present ideas you have been sure about all along, but as a place to try out your newly-forming ideas, counting on help from the other members of the class in asking you questions and thoughts that will help you keep thinking about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dr. Horwitz! Here's my address: http://schnippycentral.com/ (I hope!) I can't believe how much I enjoyed reading a graphic novel for the first time ever. Now I feel bad that I yell at my 10-yr.-old son when all he want to read is Big Nate! I finally understand the mystique. See everyone on Wednesday! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dr. Horwitz,

    I am a RIC e-mail loser ... will have to call tech support for password (I hope it will be simple to fix). Here is the link to my blog.
    http://gabe-astl.blogspot.com/
    See you in a few days.
    Gabe

    ReplyDelete